BAE Systems Programme – 4 Weeks – Preston – 30/09/2019
Description of placement:
BAE Systems – Get into is a 4 week programme delivered in partnership with The Prince’s Trust. It is designed to support young people aged 18-24 years old, who are currently not in employment, education or training. The programme is designed to help develop confidence and learn new and valuable skills. The programme comprises of 2 x weeks vocational and employability training and 2 x weeks hands on work experience.
Experience isn’t necessary, as you’ll receive training to help you succeed during your placement, so if you are interested in developing your employability skills, whilst gaining practical hands on experience, we want to hear from you
What does a typical placement look like?
During weeks 1 & 4 you will be with our training delivery partner, finding out about BAE Systems, focusing on work skills, preparation for work, personal and social skills as well as preparing for your work experience placement. These 2 weeks training will be conducted in a classroom, with a group of up to 14 other young people.
During weeks 3 & 4 you will complete a work experience placement at the local BAE Systems site where you will have a chance to develop your skills, being supported by a BAE Systems buddy.
Work experience placement opportunities may include:
- Business Support and Administration
What you should wear:
- Neat and tidy casual clothes
Skills you’ll come away with:
- Personal confidence and self-awareness
- Communication & Presentation skills
- Interview preparation, CV writing skills and preparation for work
- Gain valuable work experience
What have previous participants of this programme said about their placement?
“I got to spend some time working with different teams, and I really enjoyed the work placement”
“The programme gave me a belief that I could achieve and had a massive impact on my life”
“You can’t put a price on the value of the work experience, you really get something out of it”
“”Everyone involved are trying to help young people fulfil their ambitions. It will provide you with the opportunity to develop the skills which you want to, and show what you have to offer. Having the chance to be involved in a company like this is fantastic. There’s really nothing to lose, only a lot to gain”
Complete this placement and then…
- Receive 6 months ongoing support by The Prince’s Trust after completing the programme
- Register with BAE Systems recruitment agencies
A few final things…
- Travel expenses reimbursed? Yes
- Lunch expenses reimbursed? Yes during weeks 1 & 4
- Mentor provided during placement? Yes
- Reference given once placement completed? Certificate of completion is provided
- DBS Basic check needed (We will pay for this) No – but basic ID verification required via photo ID
During your work experience placement, any appropriate work wear and equipment will be provided to you by BAE Systems, (eg Overalls / PPE safety footwear etc)
On the final day of the 4 week programme, an event is held to celebrate your achievements you are encouraged to invite family members and friends to the event to share your success. (The event is 2 hours long)
Placement Reference: BAE3009
Placement Start Date: 30/09/2019